Nestled in the foothills of gorgeous Hillsborough, 950 Vista Road is the quintessential Peninsula estate. Built in 1936 in the Monterey Colonial style and extensively updated by its current owners, every feature and finish in this home is perfectly incorporated, creating an environment that is comfortable while elegant and as well suited for quiet weekends at home as it is for holiday gatherings and large parties.
The circular flow of the major rooms downstairs is ideal for parties, while the incredible landscaping and gardens make the outdoor living spaces just as inviting as the interior spaces. And with two separate detached guest units, the opportunity for hosting out of town guests, multi-generational living and more are all possible.
An arbor-style walkway welcomes you to the private, central courtyard, a garden oasis that features mature trees, lush landscaping, and a brick patio. The home’s breathtaking entryway opens to the main floor offering extensive hardwood floors and living spaces including:
- Living room featuring a wood-burning fireplace with granite surround, French doors and large windows to the back patio and windows overlooking the pool.
- Formal dining room with a swinging door into the kitchen and two sets French doors to the backyard.
- Granite kitchen featuring antique glazing on all drawers and cabinets, modern appliances including Sub-Zero refrigerator, separate wine refrigerator, double oven, Miele dishwasher, warming oven and six-burner Wolf gas range with hood. Other kitchen features include a built-in bulletin board, desk area and French doors onto the back patio.
- Open to the kitchen, the casual dining area offers built-in bench seating, a door to the side yard, a granite bar featuring antique glaze-finish cabinets, a brass sink and under-counter Miele washer and dryer.
- Two steps down from the casual dining area, family room featuring a peaked ceiling, fireplace with large stone surround, surround-sound entertainment system, built-in bookshelves and cabinets and powder room with stone vanity top. The room is carpeted and includes a tile entry in front of French doors opening to the central courtyard.
- Intimate den offering built-in lighted bookshelves and a wet bar with granite counters, its own refrigerator and glass shelves set in front of a mirrored backdrop.
- An additional powder room with pedestal sink and basement storage access centrally located off the main hallway.
Carpeted stairs flow to the second floor featuring a private master bedroom suite area and two family bedrooms with bath. The upstairs includes:
- Master bedroom suite including bedroom, separate office or private sitting room, en suite bathroom with walk-in closet, windows overlooking the pool and French doors to brick terraces overlooking both the central courtyard and the entire backyard.
- Master bathroom with marble tiling, heated floors, double sink marble-to[ vanity, steeping tub, double-head shower, sliding door to private toilet area, large walk-in closet with built-ins and door to a terrace overlooking the central courtyard.
- Master bedroom office, which could serve as a separate sitting area or bedroom, features a gas fireplace with marble surround, built-in desk and shelves, accent shelves to showcase photographs, two closets, one with built-ins, and French doors leading to the terrace overlooking the backyard.
- Two additional family bedrooms offer walk-in closets with built-ins, with one bedroom featuring a built-in desk, bookshelves and French doors to the backyard terrace.
- Located between these two bedrooms is a Jack-and-Jill bathroom with granite counter and a glass shower.
- The upstairs landing offers a built-in linen closet and drawers, and the hallway in the master bedroom suite features an automatic door to a large, lighted attic storage space.