This two-story traditional set on the edge of the desirable San Mateo Highlands offers the best of Peninsula living – a spacious residence exuding classic charm, thoughtfully laid out outdoor spaces, and a quiet neighborhood setting, all close to highway access for easy commutes.
A front walk bordered by a lawn leads to the home which is punctuated by a brick façade with a second level balcony overlooking the front yard. Once inside, living areas including the open living room, dining room, and kitchen flow gracefully together, creating a natural space for entertaining. Four bedrooms and two bathrooms, including the master suite, are set on the second floor, creating a quiet space within the home, while an additional powder room is conveniently set near the first floor living areas. Finishes include hardwood floors and crown moldings throughout most of the main floor.
A glass door from the kitchen leads to the expansive back wood deck bordered by hanging planters, as a sliding glass door from the casual dining area opens upon the side al fresco dining patio, marrying indoor and outdoor living. The backyard features a large lawn bordered by rosemary bushes and citrus trees, with a large central shade tree punctuating the space. Further highlighting the yard is a two-story child’s playhouse with slide nestled under a mature oak tree.
The home’s approximately 1,840 square feet of living space features:
- Double front doors opening to the entryway offering a large coat closet.
- Carpeted living room featuring a large picture window overlooking the front yard and a wood-burning fireplace in a brick setting with painted wood mantle.
- Dining room conveniently set between the living room and kitchen.
- Updated kitchen featuring GE Profile appliances including refrigerator with freezer drawers, five-burner range with hood, built-in microwave, and dishwasher. Additional amenities comprise a temperature controlled wine cabinet, ample wood cabinetry including a tall cupboard pantry, and granite counters offering an over-lit countertop dining space open to the adjacent casual dining area.
- Powder room with vessel sink.
A staircase leads to the carpeted second floor offering:
- Master bedroom with walk-in closet, vanity area, and separate en suite tile water closet with shower.
- Bedroom with sliding glass doors to the private balcony overlooking the front yard.
- Two additional bedrooms.
- Tile hall bathroom with full tub.
- Built-in hall linen cupboards.
The attached three-car garage offers a Kenmore washer and dryer, utility sink, built-in countertop work space, shelves, cabinets, and side yard access, while a conveniently placed shed in the yard offers even more storage space.
Set on an approximately 8,200 square foot lot in The Highlands neighborhood of San Mateo, 60 Los Altos Place is only blocks from the convenient shopping and dining options of Crystal Springs Village. The home is also near the incredible open spaces and views that The Highlands is known for, distinguished San Mateo schools, and Highway 92 and 280 access for easy commutes to Silicon Valley and Peninsula workplaces.