Perched atop a meandering tree-lined street is a reimagined contemporary home exuding bright clean lines and an open floor plan with an intrinsic nod to mid-century design and styling. Although modernized from the ground up with top-of-the-line materials and the latest smart home technology, the home is extraordinarily warm and welcoming for supreme comfort. With five bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms, including a newly added guest suite with a private entrance, there is ample room for multi-generational living or hosting out-of-town guests, as numerous modish living spaces offer beautiful areas for entertaining.
Stunning stones, impeccable fine finishes and today’s luxuries and conveniences grace the entire home and include glistening hardwood floors, dual-pane windows, and in-ceiling mounted speakers. Expansive floor-to-ceiling walls of glass frame views of the manicured grounds and beyond, and sliding glass doors from many of the home’s living areas and bedrooms open upon the roughly 15,400 sq. ft. property.
EXTRAORDINARY FEATURES INCLUDE:
• Welcoming foyer creating a seamless flow to the renovated open floorplan
• All new, magazine-worthy chef’s kitchen offering quartzite counters and a large island, sleek walnut cabinets, a suite of stainless steel Thermador appliances including: a six-burner stove with griddle; electric and steam ovens; two oversized, built-in refrigerators; and two dishwashers, wet bar flanked by two full-size wine refrigerators, and a large pantry. A custom built-in banquet offers an eat-in area for eight and overlooks the patio
• Dining room highlighted by a wall of glass, a contemporary pendant light and a captivating feature wall
• Living room offering a wall of custom walnut cabinetry, new Montego gas fireplace, new remote-controlled speakers, recessed ceiling, and a wonderful view of lower Hillsborough
• A beautiful vintage pocket door opens from the dining room to the den, boasting built-in media, a gas fireplace, and direct access to the yard
• Large master suite overlooking the rear yard with sliding door access. Updates include closet organizer built-ins and a sparkling master bathroom with stunning designer finishes, a glass shower, dual-sink vanity, and radiant tile floor
• Three main floor bedrooms featuring custom touches and renovations, built-in writing nooks, and oversized closets
• Hall bathroom with a stylish Duravit vanity and custom cabinetry
• Stunning powder room with onyx walls and counter
• New guest quarters on the lower level featuring a beautifully renovated full bathroom and separate access from the side yard
• A new staircase leads down to the mudroom and two-car garage with refrigerator and storage
• Outlet for electrical car in garage
• Immaculate grounds for grand-scale entertaining
• Laundry closet plus ample storage throughout the home
• Additional amenities include new electrical, including solar panels attached to new roof; Sonos Alarm System; Halcyon Flex Inverter Heating and Cooling System, and new wireless thermostat
• Within walking distance to Crocker & North School as well to Downtown Burlingame
With a covered entertainment terrace, new outdoor kitchen complete with Cayote grill and custom seating, built-in stone fire pit, level lawn, elevated terraces, and layered walls of stone integrating four waterfalls, the grounds offer countless spaces for outdoor entertaining, recreation, and relaxation. Located in Hillsborough, one of the country’s most desirable ZIP codes, the home maintains its serene ambiance while still offering easy access to both downtown Burlingame and San Mateo, along with convenient commutes via Highway 92 and 280.